Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Vintage Drama and Natural Whimsy Bridal Shoot.....fab day, wonderful vendors!

Hello all.......
On Nov. 1st I had the pleasure of taking part in a fabulous bridal shoot at the Museum of Appalachia. It all started when I met my fav Knoxville photog   Sarah McAffry.    Sarah and I decided that it would be fun to collaborate on a bridal shoot. One very yummy Starbucks strawberry's and creme later, the ball was rolling and ideas were piling up. Two different looks were in the works so we decided to go all out and do them both!

Look one was inspired by the vavavoom, old Hollywood good looks of my lovely friend and gracious model Amber Lane. Her dark hair and eyes were the perfect fit for the stunning birdcage veil from Wedding Wonderland and the make up by Ruffles and Rouge couldn't have suited the look more perfectly. I mean come on......the lipstick was the exact color of the awesome 1934 Ford Coupe we had on set!
The flowers I chose for Amber were a mix of classic red roses, red tulips, red gladiola blossoms, red cox comb, orange spray roses, and red coffee berry. I love using all sorts of different textures in a bouquet to add interest and depth. The velvet look of the cox comb gave the bouquet the luscious drama I was going for. The chandelier piece and the birdcage arrangement used complementary flowers as well as golden branches and chandelier crystals. Both could be used to accent reception tables, sign in areas, photo booths, and a number of other areas at your wedding or reception. 









To see all of the images from the shoot please visit my Facebook page and browse the pics I've posted.

I'll post look number 2 tomorrow.........can't wait to share! I have an extra special treat to from Milestone Pictures so please check back!
Sleep well and dream of beautiful weddings:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Leah, I love how complimentary you are!!!! Love you bunches and I hope we have the opportunity to do it again! Never thought of myself as old Hollywood style, but I love it and this shoot just keeps coming back to me. It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete